Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Credit Cards go to the Movies

Loews Cineplex and American Express Announce New Partnership; Strategic Relationship Provides Benefits to American Express Cardmembers and Loews Moviegoers

Cinema Group Plans Co-Branded Card

I'm not exactly sure what is behind the sudden rush for theater chains to be aligned with a credit card, but both of the two largest entities in the industry have seen it necessary to do so. I'm guessing it'll be interesting to follow how the presence of each card in their business strategies will affect their continued advertising at the theaters. Or to follow what they end up providing in general.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get this movie card, I would have to many cards in my name. And financial advisors say this is bad for our credit. What should I do?

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Tom Mayer said...

I do not understand why people have many credit cards. This damages payment history. It is much better to have one good plastic, such as Blue from AmEx and take all its advantages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home