Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What he said

Theater chains slump after downgrade
go to original article ... or email me for article text

Miraculously bringing two of my last three posts together, and one of the angles that I forgot to mention in my last post: stock prices
""We believe that the tenet of 2%-3% annual attendance growth in the box office is no longer valid given the fragmentation of entertainment options and the improvement in the home entertainment experience," Reid wrote in a note to investors.

The industry's "value proposition" is becoming less attractive, he continued, as prices of DVD players and videos, digital TVs, etc. continue to decline while box office ticket prices rise."
Value proposition! That's what I was talking about. Ok,this analyst, at the very least, has eloquence on his side. And I can't say I disagree with what he says. Point: Analyst. And where do they come up with all these buzz phrases? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home